Friday, February 25, 2011

My New Room!

Here it is! I love it!
Well, let me show you the before picture...

Then we have the primer stage...

Then the paint stage with the stripes...



And now...drum roll, please...
(Use your imagination here, folks.)
The finished product!



I truly do love my new room!
I've had this sleigh bed since I was about twelve,
and I don't know if I'll ever change it.
I have always found dark wood enchanting anyway.
Let me say that I do need to come up with something to make my curtains longer.
We have high ceilings so all normal curtains are too short.
Here are a few more pics.




















My inspiration for this vintage room came from two Paris pictures
that I got for $4 or $5 on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

I love that artichoke candle holder from Anthropologie, too!
(Present from my sister...thanks, Mer!)




















And I am currently in love with this topiary from Michael's
and this vintage bird clock from Pier 1.
The clock is definitely my new favorite purchase.
The open bookshelf came from Hobby Lobby. Love, love.
 




















My New York corner...
A bench on the Brooklyn Bridge
and Central Park in the snow.
And my favorite part of my new room...
My gallery wall!
All of my frames came from Michael's.
 
























I've had this chair for a couple years.
Love it, too!
Chair was from Pier 1, pillow from Target.

My bedding was on clearance
at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.
It matched my vintage idea perfectly!
And the frames above the bed also came from Pier 1.
That was the coolest find ever.
They are ivory vintage frames
on a circular wire hanger. One of my new favorites!
Anyway, I've been dying to show all of you my pictures, but I was trying to wait until my sister saw it in person. Hope you love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment