Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wash, Dry, Press, Fold, and Repeat

Ok...well, I (Merribeth) don't know about ya'll, but laundry is not my favorite household chore. :) Don't mind vacuuming, washing dishes, scrubbing toilets, or any other house work. But for some silly reason I hate to fold clothes! :) Putting the clothes and soap in...fine. Putting them in the dryer...easy. But when it comes to folding all that laundry... I hate it!! There ya have it, folks! Yup! Least favorite household chore is folding clothes!! Anyway, that was all free. :) So our laundry room had a lot of empty wall space. It needed something to make going into the laundry room a little more fun. :) This is what I came up with!
 I bought some frames at the dollar store and spray painted them white. I used cute scrapbook paper for the backgrounds, printed the words off the computer, and hot-glued the buttons and...things on. :) I tore the edges of the paper and rubbed them with brown stamping ink to give them a distressed look. Love anything that looks old and distressed!! :) I tore strips of fabric to hang the pictures.

"Fold" Ugh! :)
I  also wanted to do some kind of wreath! Surprise, Surprise! :) I'm a little obsessed with wreaths right now. ha! Anyway, I came up with a clothespin wreath.  
I rubbed these old clothespins with brown stampin ink to give them a little character, hot-glued the clothespins on, and used the strips of fabric to make the bows.

"Singing as we fetch the detergent box for the smelly shirts and the stinky socks! Sing along!" :) Yes, Monica and I like that movie. :)
Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment