Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby Blankets

Well, I (Monica) happen to have one niece, and she is an absolute doll. Merri has ten gorgeous little nieces and nephews with one on the way! What in the bunch of crazies?! I told my sister she needed to get me caught up. :) Well, I decided to make my niece a blanket for her very first Christmas this year. I'll show you a pic of my niece so you can think she's super cute, too. :)



When I first decided to make this blanket, I didn't really have a design in my mind. The project just kept growing. Merri made one at the same time, and we just loved it! First of all, if you've never heard of the Celtic Women, you need to look them up this very instant. They are fabulous. They sing a lullaby called "Goodnight, My Angel." And, believe it or not, Aven finds their voices quite soothing and likes to listen to them herself. They were the blanket inspiration.

Instead of using a pattern, I drew super-straight X's onto the fabric and just stitched over it. For the bottom, I found a picture I liked and went from there. My sister said she isn't planning to let the baby use it, which I am not-so-secretly glad about, because that thing took some work! So...once I was done and had sewn the pink satin binding around the edges, I looped pretty ivory satin ribbon topped with pink-on-pink striped ribbon around the back to hang it. All of the materials were bought at Hobby Lobby...favorite store ever! Hope you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment