Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"The Prayer Bench"

I was feeling ambitious and decided to recover my sister's loveseat ( which she said I could keep for a while). It belonged to my mother, then given to Rachel, and now I have it. :) Monica and I went shopping this past weekend and picked out fabric for the loveseat and to make pillows (which we will post more pics of later). Ok...are you ready for the before and after pictures?! Ooh! I'm excited too!

Before



After!
(Please ignore the picture frame I had hidden under the loveseat. Oops!) :)

I thought this was going to be a big, long ordeal to recover this thing. But I started this in the evening and was finished in no time! The trim was probably the hardest part, and even that wasn't bad. Doesn't it look like it is out of the movie "Emma" or something? I love that old Victorian design on the fabric. And who doesn't like a lot of pillows?!

One of my New Year resolutions was to kneel at my bench and pray every night before I go to bed. It has become my new prayer spot. :) My sister Rachel was such an encouragement in this and I am so thankful for her. It may sound silly, but there really is something to kneeling when you pray. I think it is humbling. :)


I used some of the extra material to make matching pillows. Here are a couple. 
Now...on to my next big project!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment